Monday, October 18, 2010
Vintage simplicity dress
Black vintage shirtwaist dress I made from an old simplicity pattern. The fit is great and it is fascinating to see that a 38" bust was a size 18 back in the day.
I added pockets to the side seams of course - seems like such a waste to have all that skirt and no pockets hidden in all the gathers.
It was made for a friend and of course I had to try it on once I was done. It is so comfy and cute I had to make one for myself.
I think that this may be the next candidate for mutating dress, the bodice is so simple and there are so many things one could do with that skirt. Stay tuned.......
This is the pattern - I love that it cost 35 cents.