Saturday, September 7, 2013

Finally a new post!  Its not that I haven't been doing projects lately, its just that I can't make them take and post images of themselves. 
This is from a "Mad Men" themed wedding in August.  The bride is a superhero who planned and coordinated everything (and even helped with the sewing of the dresses) and it all turned out really well.
I made all the dresses you see here (with Ashley's help).

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dress for a July wedding

This was made for an attendee of an "Alice in Wonderland" themed wedding.
The first photo is without the removable striped underskirt.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tango dress for Ari

This is it - a month and a half of work and more fittings than I care to admit to. It is done and looks great, I hope to get a picture of it in action at some point. She needed it for a competition in San Bruno this month. This is my first attempt at asymmetrical straps with a very low back.

Monday, April 25, 2011

second and third simple varations

There was only enough fabric for tunics for these two. For the second round, I pulled in the shoulder neck point and dropped the center front neck into a V.

simple pattern variations

I love the simplicity of this pattern. Three pieces total. No Shoulder seams, belt carriers built in so one doesn't lose her sash and a summery sort of feel to the silhouette.
pink/olive/orange is the first variation.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

third variation

This is the third variation of the same dress in a knit hombre fabric cut on the bias.

Variations on a theme

I copied a dress for a client and made a few changes to it.

The first version is the navy turquoise and lime dress.

The second version has been lengthened and the neck dropped and armholes raised.

One more version to follow.