Thursday, September 24, 2009

fuzzy cape





Fuzzy cape I made to donate to the Auction
at Root Division on October 22nd. Root Division is a local resource for artists and the community. They provide classes for the public from the resident artists and they provide artists with the education and resources to grow art-based businesses. They provide a great service to artists and also to the community.
I wanted to make something versatile in the hopes that it will be an enticing auction piece. The inspiration I got was to make a cape for the upcoming cold weather. The great thing about this pattern is that it can fit just about anyone and it cna easily be dressed up or down. This was the softest fake fur I could find - it seriously feels like petting a kitten. I made the lining out of a black and white shot fabric that has the appearance of being gunmetal grey and it has a tie front made of black and white cording.

No comments:

Post a Comment